Social media is defined as media for social interaction. It uses web-based technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogues. Businesses have been using a variety of social media techniques including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to catch the attention of people in the hope to gain customers. The goal is to intrigue potential customers and get them interested in your business. Twitter, one of the many social media tools, has become a very important mode of communication for businesses. Why use Twitter you ask? Here are the top 10 reasons why businesses should use Twitter:
1. It’s free to sign up and use. No need to spend money to subscribe or maintain.
2. It can help grow your email list. Email marketing is becoming very popular and by gaining email addresses, more contacts are being made.
3. It will expand the reach of your email campaigns.
4. Networking is possible by following people and asking them to follow you. Networking is a very important factor in growing a business. The ability to network without having to go anywhere is very convenient.
5. Can stay current on industry trends. This gives a business the ability to see what others are doing and saying.
6. Monitor what customers are saying about you. This allows to hear feedback about your business, whether positive or negative, it is still beneficial to hear input.
7. Can host a Twitter chat to engage followers. This allows to be able to talk to certain people to gain more insight and feedback.
8. Customer support related issues can be handled easily. Questions and problems can be addressed quickly and easily using Twitter. These can also reach other who may have had to same question or problem.
9. Advocates for your business can be found and heard. People who are really interested in your company are out there and can be heard if you find them or if they find you.
10. Can promote your business to new and existing customers. Promotion is a major part of marketing a business. Since Twitter has many users, promoting a business becomes a easier by having a big reach of people to promote to.