YouTube was developed by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim in 2005. Since then it has become the second largest search engine behind Google. YouTube offers an array of different things, from music videos and commercials, to even the keyboard cat, YouTube has something for everyone. But did you know that YouTube is a helpful marketing tool? It is not obvious why a video sharing site would benefit businesses through marketing, but in fact marketers can utilize YouTube to distribute content and messages to consumers, hoping to inform or attract them to a product or service.
YouTube is a great way to give a business a presence online. Social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter are a available to create a presence online, but why not expand that by using YouTube and allowing users to literally see information. One of the great benefits of YouTube is that its free, meaning it won’t hurt a business to try it out.
Here are 5 other benefits YouTube offers for marketing purposes:
1. YouTube never sleeps: A user is able to access YouTube at anytime, which means a marketing message will always be available for people to see.
2. Watching vs. reading: We have grown into a technologically advanced society as technology seems to change every time we blink. We have now become conditioned to use our eyes more. We tend to rather watch something than read something.
3. High traffic: Millions upon millions of people visit YouTube daily. These people become potential viewers fora marketing message you may have. Since traffic is so high for the site as a whole, potential traffic for a particular video increases.
4. Personality: Some companies have no personality or you can’t put a face to a name. YouTube allows to give a business a face and lets users know that it has a soul. It shows that there is a personality behind the company profile and allows users a chance to really get to know who you are and what you do.
5. Versatility: YouTube is a very versatile tool for marketing. There are many possibilities of uses and it allows for creativity to surface. YouTube can be used to demonstrate a product, create brand awareness, or promote something new. There is no limit to what a company can do using YouTube for marketing.
YouTube has grown into a popular site that is no longer just a video sharing outlet, but a search engine as well. It is also a place for marketers to be creative, allowing a company to come alive.
Sunrise Packaging has just debuted on YouTube. Check out our video!