I sit on the board for a local nonprofit. We're planning on hosting a table at an upcoming conference for industry professionals, and the topic of promotional swag came up. It's a deadlock: half of us are solidly against conference swag; the other half are for it. The ones who who are against swag think that it's a waste of money. The rest of us think it's a great way to raise awareness of our organization, and the research seems to support that. It comes down to customization and usage. Conference swag needs to be identifiably connected to the organization who provided it, and it must be of enough use to the attendee to be worth carrying around. Custom USB packaging is an ideal way to share your brand with conference attendees while giving them an actual USB. 

In short, I found that promotional products tend to be much more effective than other forms of advertising, with 21% of recipients making a purchase after receiving a promotional product. It's all about making a connection for consumers. Oh, and passing out swag that makes sense.

Custom usb packaging

Something That Won't Go in the Garbage

It's hard to know what that will be. There's always some hot conference item for which people go gaga. A recent conference was pressing t-shirts for attendees onsite; another had a keg of beer and pint glasses.  Both are fun and draw people to a booth; but realistically, how likely are you to wear a cheesy t-shirt or carry a pint glass around while at a conference? (And believe me, I saw a lot of filmy pint glasses rolling around after the keg was killed). Custom USB packaging with a USB is small and inconspicuous. It's not a pain to carry, and it is useful for multiple reasons.

Custom USB Packaging is Efficient Marketing

To finally put the discussion to rest regarding how useful conference swag can be, Biznology found that 90% of survey recipients use a promotional product they received at least once a week. And the other 10%? They tend to pass them on to a family member.  They also report keeping the promotional product for at least a year (87%)--pretty solid numbers, eh?  Not only is the recipient seeing your brand at least weekly, but others with whom they come in contact are seeing it, too. 

Let's talk about traditional advertising methods in comparison. All told, less than 10% of people make a purchase after viewing ads on TV, online, or in print. That kind of exposure costs a lot more than even a few hundred custom USB packages and drives. Not to mention that promotional swag, placed directly in the hands of your target audience, is far more tangible than an ephemeral ad. 

Have we convinced you yet?