Upscale packaging does more than makes the customer feel fancy. It might feel like something that an organization can write of when their product isn't sold in the same way as retail boxes, but that sentiment couldn't be further from the truth.
Consider medical device packaging. Let's say that you need a certain medical device, and there are two options:
- Option 1: plain, white corrugated box with a stamp on the front.
- Option 2: full color with a branded logo and content on all sides of the box. Maybe some customer testimonials, instructions, statements on ease of use, etc.
Which packaging style inspires more confidence for you?
Upscale packaging is, like many things, more than what you see on the outside. It's also custom inserts to product items, sturdy construction to prevent tampering, and much more. But it's near impossible to discount the importance of that first impression.
Signs of Upscale Packaging
Upscale packaging doesn't have to follow a rule book. Just look at these creative takes from Canva. But there are a few things that instantly indicate to a user that this package is a tier above.
- Employ a pattern, some stylization, or an interesting color scheme to catch their eye. Taking care to present something attention-grabbing is the first impression your users will have.
- Think about the unboxing experience, and let the packaging complement the product. Who is using this product? What might make it easier for them to use and understand the intent?
- Use texture. At Sunpack, we have many finishing options that can add a tactile aspect to any packaging project. The more senses you can engage with your packaging, the more engaged your user will be.
Even if your product isn't necessarily compared to others, upscale packaging should still be a priority to inspire confidence and connection with your users. Sunrise Packaging is able to use our decades of experience to help guide you there.
Bring us your ideas and preferences, and we can work together on the perfect package! Talk to our team today.