I will admit that I finally signed up for Twitter a week ago, so I am a few years behind. I didn’t really understand the importance of Twitter until I hopped on the bandwagon. I was confused by all the hash marks and other symbols, that I didn’t recognize how powerful Twitter is as a business and marketing tool. Using 140 characters or less, Twitter can help any business promote and share its marketing efforts to a vast amount of people. Since Twitter is one of the largest social media outlets in the world, it has also become a new form of communication. Twitter is used to share content. Businesses want to share content to attract potential customers. So here’s a crazy idea: businesses can share their content on Twitter to attract customers to their company.
Twitter may seem confusing at first, but it is actually easy to use and provides many benefits to businesses.
Here are some of the benefits Twitter can bring to businesses:
- Free and easy to set up
- Can impact search rankings
- Drive traffic to your business website
- Can be used check competitors accounts to see what they are sharing and who they are following
- Target the people you want to target in relation to your business
- Twitter search allows you to follow relevant conversations, trends, and people
- Hear feedback about your business from the content you share and conversations you start
Those are just a few benefits Twitter provides for businesses and marketers. Twitter also allows you to unleash your creative side. You can customize your profile, add a picture, and create a descriptive bio. Creativity combined with interesting and knowledgeable tweets will allow any business to be successful on Twitter. So the question is: to tweet or not to tweet? I will let you decide.