Writing blogs is a tricky business, especially where there are so many ways to go wrong. Many different aspects go in to creating a successful blog and there are many things that can ruin your blog. Many bloggers may not even know that how they are blogging may affecting their blog and in essence killing it.
Luckily for us, we found a great blog post by Neil Patel at SEOMoz that highlights the “12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time.”
Below is just a quick summary of what Patel says will kill your blog and then offers tips on how to better it, to read the complete post check it out here.
1. Crafting cute, clever or confusing headlines (or really bad ones)
2. Never linking to old posts
3. Never linking to other bloggers
4. Forgetting to fill out your page title and description fields
5. Creating clunky URLs
6. Plagiarizing other bloggers
7. Publishing less than one post per month
8. Writing big blocks of copy
9. Zero presence on any social media platforms
10. Never inviting readers to leave comments
11. Writing about a topic nobody cares about
12. Giving up